Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Educational Tools: Video Editing

VivaVideo

For this cool tool review I have chosen to check out VivaVideo. All the features are completely free, however you are only able to export up to a five minute long video. I downloaded this app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

So I took some screen shots of most of the menus and used the collage feature to make a video about VivaVideo, here it is below!


In the main menu I clicked the slide show button and it gave me the option to choose photos from all the folders on my phone. I went to my screen shot folder and selected the images I just took. Now its important to make a note that the images appear in a tray at the bottom where they can be removed or re-ordered. If you re-order the images in this tray to the order you want them to appear in your video things will be a lot easier down the road.

After you click done you will be brought to the editing screen where you are first prompted to pick out a theme for your video. Themes are pre-set music and transitions for your video. I played it to see what it was like and realized that the amount of time my images appear on the screen was too short for me to give a description about so I then went to the Duration icon and made my images appear for ten seconds each.

I then went to the Edit icon and in the sub menu I selected Sound. Here it was really easy to record my voice and give a description of each image. Just drag your video stream to where you wish to begin adding sound and then hold down the record button, talk, and then let go when you are finished. After recording you can then adjust the volume level of your recorded sound.

My audio was still pretty quiet compared to the background music so next in the sub menu of Edit I went to Mulit Music and adjusted the volume level of the background music. After re watching my video to see the changes I made I realized I didn't like one of the slide transitions, so in the sub menu of Edit I went to Transition. In Transition you can select the points between images and choose a different effect, I went with the same effect but changed the direction of the transition by tapping the style repeatedly.

After this minor tweaking I was happy with what I created and was easily able to export the video to many different places. I emailed it to myself, downloaded it, and uploaded it to this post. Over all I am very satisfied with this app and I am planning on using it in the future to make tutorials. I would give this app 5/5 stars, definitely worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment